Crunchy Chicken with Ricotta and Kale Filling
With a filling infused with the flavours of lemon and garlic, this succulent chicken is moist on the inside and perfectly crisp on the outside.
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original
- 2 tbsp Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced kale
- 2 tbsp diced shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 (500 g) skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
2. In a food processor, process All-Bran Original® cereal to fine crumbs. In a bowl, combine All-Bran Original® crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, pepper and garlic powder. Place in shallow dish and set aside.
3. In a nonstick skillet, add oil over medium-low heat. Add kale and cook for 1 minute; add shallots and cook for 2 minutes; add garlic, stir to combine and remove from heat. Set aside to cool. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan, lemon zest. Season with pepper. Add cooled kale mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
4. Cut a lengthwise slit on the top of each chicken breast, about 4"/10cm. Cut 1 horizontal slit on each side of lengthwise cut to create a pocket. Place one-quarter of the stuffing into each pocket and press sides toward centre.
5. Brush all sides of breasts with Dijon mustard. Roll in prepared crumb mixture.
6. Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 170°F (76°C)
7. Serve with salsa, optional.