Dried Fruit and Cereal Bars
These no-bake bars can easily be customised. Simply add your favourite dried fruit.
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 1/2 cups All-Bran® Wheat Flakes
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit (such as apricots, dates, apples, raisins, cranberries, sour cherries)
1. In large saucepan, combine golden syrup, brown sugar and butter. Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved; continue cooking and stirring for 1 minute longer. Remove from heat, stir in cereal, orange rind and dried fruit mixture.
2. Firmly press mixture into 23 cm (9-inch) square baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Let cool completely, cut into bars. Store in airtight containers or wrap individually in plastic wrap.