Froot Loops® Trifle
Trifle is an Aussie classic – popular in the festive season! There’s no need to save this dessert for Christmas Day with the addition of Froot Loops cereal and passionfruit. Keeping to the traditional flavours and ingredients of the trifle, this treat will be perfect for warmer nights or when you’re looking for a punch of passionfruit!
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Froot Loops®
- 1 cup vanilla yoghurt
- 1/2 cup lemon curd (store bought)
- 3 tablespoons passionfruit jelly (pre-made)
- 1 tablespoon passionfruit pulp (from whole passionfruit)
1. To create the passionfruit jelly, empty the packet into a bowl and add 1 cup of boiling water.
2. Stir until fully dissolved. Then add 200ml of cold water and stir.
3. Place the jelly in fridge until it is set (minimum 4 hours) or until required for the trifle.
1. To assemble the trifle, take the vanilla yoghurt and add to a medium-sized bowl.
2. Fold the lemon curd through the yoghurt, followed by the Froot Loops.
3. Take the pre-made passionfruit jelly and chop into small chunks to add into the bowl.
4. Cut the passionfruit in half and remove the pulp.
5. Drizzle pulp over the top of trifle and enjoy.
TOP TIP: If you want to stick to tradition, feel free to mix and match between jelly flavours. You could also add mixed fruit to the trifle – pears, apples or strawberries work perfectly. Get creative!