Frosties® Trail Mix
Looking for a crunchy treat that is on the sweet side? Frosties cereal has a delicious texture and flavour which makes them a great base for a nutty trail mix. Pair cereal with peanuts, crumbled choc-chip cookies and you have an awesome treat up your sleeve.
- 1/2 cup Kellogg’s® Frosties®
- 1 teaspoon peanuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hazelnuts, chopped
- 20g fruit and nut chocolate, chopped
- 2 choc chip cookies, crumbled
1. Assemble the trail mix in a small bowl, adding in half of the Frosties cereal.
2. Take the choc chip cookies and crumble into smaller chunks with your hands. Sprinkle into the bowl.
3. Take the fruit and nut chocolate and cut into smaller pieces. Add this into the bowl.
4. Prepare the hazelnuts and chop in half to add into the mix.
5. Repeat the above step with the peanuts.
6. Once added, fold through the mixture so that all the elements are combined.
7. Take the leftover Frosties cereal and sprinkle on top of the bowl to serve.
If you’re feeling creative, add extra chocolate chunks to the top of the bowl to serve. Try to mix and match between the flavour combinations – other nuts such as almonds or macadamias would be a nice addition to this mix. You could also add different dried or fresh fruits to complement the chocolate.
HOT TIP: For added convenience, you might like to create your trail mix in a portable container with lid. It’s a great portion size and allows you to snack whilst on the move.