Green Dream Pancakes
What better way to get ready for the day than with the goodness of greens…all in a tasty pancake. The unexpected spinach in this recipe brings fun vibrance to the crunch of Special K® Original cereal. Be confident that these little pancakes will taste just as good they look.
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Special K® Original
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Olive oil for frying
- Strawberries, butter, maple syrup, shredded coconut
1. Load all ingredients except olive oil and Special K® into a blender (Special K® cereals are added on top of the pancakes once they are in the pan – see step 5)
2. Blend until batter is smooth
3. Heat up a frying pan with some olive oil
4. Scoop out ¼ cup of the pancake batter per pancake and pour into the pan
5. Immediately after adding to the pan, sprinkle 1 tablespoon Special K into the pancake batter
6. Cook on medium, approximately 3 minutes per side
7. Top with strawberries, butter, maple syrup, shredded coconut or another topping of your choice.
Makes 11 7cm pancakes.