Guardian® Trail Mix
For when you have a busy life, it is hard to find snacks that are convenient and tasty. This Guardian cereal trail mix recipe combines the best of both. This mix combines the goodness of Guardian cereal flakes, wholegrain buckwheat and is packed full of fruit, making it a perfect portable trail mix snack.
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Guardian®
- 1 tablespoon toasted buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 medium sized fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon chopped pistachios
1. To make toasted buckwheat: first, rinse and drain the buckwheat ‘groats’ or grains, then toast in a dry pan (no oil) over medium heat, stirring occasionally until they have an amber/brown colour.
2. For the trail mix, assemble a small bowl, adding in half of the Guardian cereal.
3. Take the pre-prepared toasted buckwheat and add into bowl.
4. Add the sultanas and raisins.
5. Once added, mix up the mixture so that all the elements are combined.
6. Prepare the pistachios by chopping into smaller chunks.
7. Take the leftover Guardian cereal along with the pistachios and sprinkle on top of mixture.
8. Cut the strawberries in half and place on top of trail mix.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: This trail mix combination also works well with other fruit combinations including blueberries. Add a dollop of Greek yoghurt on top to serve – perfect match for the berries and pistachios.
HOT TIP: For added convenience, toast a large quantity of buckwheat before making this recipe. Store in an air-tight container in your fridge for a number of weeks so you can continue to enjoy this trail mix as many times as you like!