Spiced Apple Turnovers
- 500g tin cooked apple, chopped
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Sultana Bran®
- 7 sheets of filo pastry
- 100g unsalted/reduced salt margarine, melted
- 1 tsp caster sugar to sprinkle over the top
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. In a medium bowl, combine apple, sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest and Kellogg's® Sultana Bran.
3. Place to one side.
4. Lay out a sheet of filo pastry and lightly brush with melted margarine.
5. Place another layer of filo over the top and repeat process until you have 3 layers.
6. Divide pastry in half lengthways.
7. Place 2 tablespoons of apple mix at one end of the pastry, folding over diagonally and continue to fold into a triangle shape.
8. Repeat this process until you have 8 filo triangles.
9. Brush the tops with a little melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
10. Place on to a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the oven on the middle shelf for approx. 25 minutes until golden brown and well puffed.
11. Serve warm with low fat vanilla yoghurt,or low fat ice cream.