Tomato Mince and Potato Bake
- 2 medium potatoes, grated
- 500g minced steak
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3–4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 cups Kellogg’s® Sultana Bran®
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Mustard powder, to taste
- 2 gherkins, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
1. Squeeze out excess liquid from grated potato. Thoroughly combine minced steak, potatoes, onion, carrot eggs, tomato sauce, Kellogg's® Sultana Bran, salt, pepper & mustard.
2. Press half the mixture in a 23cm x 13cm loaf tin. Place a layer of gherkins down the centre, follow by sliced eggs, remaining gherkins & meat mixture. Press firmly.
3. Bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 1 hour.
4. Serve with steamed vegetables or salad.
5. Serves 4-6 (approximately)
Note: If boiled eggs & gherkins are omitted, increase quantity of minced steak to 750g. Alternatives: 1½ cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original may be substituted for Kellogg's® Sultana Bran.