Baked Eggs Just Right Cous Cous
Take this popular, warm brunch dish and add Kellogg’s Just Right for a delightful crunch on a classic favourite. Recipe courtesy of Meg Hewitt developed specially for the Kellogg’s X Kawa Cereal Café in Sydney.
- 1 cup cous cous
- 1 cup veggie stock or water
- ½ cup tomato passata
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped zucchini
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped celery
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Just Right® Original
- 2 large tomatoes
- Dash olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, roughly chopped
1. Cut the tomatoes in half lengthways, and roast in an oven at 160 degrees for 20 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika, set aside to cool.
2. Boil the stock or water and add the cous cous whilst stirring. Cook for one minute, remove from the head and stir through the orange juice.
3. Add all of the finely chopped vegetables and parsley to the cous cous, stir together and cover until ready to use.
4. Spread 2 tablespoons of passata around the base and sides of a small over proof dish.
5. Mix the Kellogg’s Just Right® through the cous cous mixture and spoon into the dish, leaving a small well in the centre.
6. Crack eggs into the well, chop the roast tomatoes and place around the outside of the eggs.
7. Place under a grill until the top is golden. If eggs require more cooking time, cover the dish with tin foil and place back under the grill for a few more minutes.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander and harissa on the side for extra spice.