Banana Nut Bread
- 90g butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla essence. Beat well.
4. Stir in banana and Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®
5. Sift dry ingredients together.
6. Add to mixture with nuts, stirring only until combined.
7. Spread into a greased 23 x 14cm loaf tin.
8. Bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 40-50 minutes or until cooked.
9. Cool thoroughly before slicing. Spread with butter and serve.
10. Makes 1 loaf.
Tested by The Australian Women's Weekly Test Kitchen.