Banana Sultana Muffins
Muffins are a great snack for a busy work day but buying them each day can add up. Why not save a few extra dollars by making your very own muffins? It is not as hard as you may think and they don’t take long at all. This is a simple recipe for banana muffins that have the added crunch and fibre of Sultana Bran. This is a great snack to have on-the-go or with your afternoon coffee. If you’re feeling creative, add pecans on top for that little something extra.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Sultana Bran®
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Combine sugar, oil, banana, egg, vanilla essence and Kellogg's® Sultana Bran.
2. Let the mixture stand for five minutes.
3. Sift together plain flour, wholemeal flour and baking powder.
4. Add to the Kellogg's® Sultana Bran mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins or patty pans. Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving suggestion: Add pecans on top for extra crunch and a nutty flavour.