Butternut Pumpkin and Kale Bowl
Start with Kellogg’s® Special K® Original, and add leftover roasted butternut pumpkin, kale, coconut milk, toasted coconut and slivered almonds for a hearty and delicious morning.
- 1 cup Kellogg’s® Special K® Original
- 1/2 cup cooked butternut pumpkin cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh kale
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
1. In serving bowl toss together Kellogg’s® Special K® Original Original, pumpkin and kale.
2. Pour coconut milk over top. Sprinkle with coconut and almonds.
*NOTE: If you don’t have leftover pumpkin, cook 1/2 cup of frozen butternut pumpkin cubes. Continue as directed above.
Almond Variation: If desired, omit coconut and increase almonds to 2 tablespoons. Substitute plain almond milk for the coconut milk.
Warm Variation: For a warm breakfast, in microwave-safe bowl combine the pumpkin, kale and coconut milk. Loosely cover. Microwave at high for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until just warm. Stir in cereal. Top with coconut and almonds.
This breakfast can be served warm with heated butternut pumpkin, kale and coconut milk!