Chocolate Mint Slice
Chocolate and mint are a great flavour combination–and now you can make a version of one of your favourite snacks at home using this combo. This homemade Chocolate Mint Slice is a delicious sweet snack for any occasion. This recipe is ideal for if you are having friends over and looking for that after dinner treat, or even if you’re just looking for a little indulgent snack to treat yourself.
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 250g copha®*, chopped (or alternatively use coconut oil)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp peppermint essence
- 60g softened butter
- 3-4 tsps milk
1. In a large bowl, mix the Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®, icing sugar, cocoa & coconut.
2. Slowly melt the copha® in a saucepan over a low heat.
3. Allow the copha® to cool slightly.
4. Add to Rice Bubbles mixture, continuously stirring until well combined.
5. Firmly press mixture into a foil lined 23x33cm rectangular cake tin.
6. Refrigerate until firm.
7. Mix together 2 cups icing sugar, 1/4 tsp peppermint essence, 60g softened butter, 3–4 tsps milk to make a soft icing.
8. Spread over chilled base.
9. Return to refrigerator until firm.
10. Cut into pieces and serve.
Copha®*- registered trade mark Peerless Foods *Kremelta in New Zealand.
Serving Suggetion: Cover in icing sugar or melted chocolate to finish.