Crunchy Nut® Corn Flake Muffins
A versatile muffin recipe for all snacking occasions that can be easily altered for a gluten-free option. The addition of Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes provides extra crunch and delicious flavour.
- 2 cups plain flour (or a gluten-free alternative)
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Crunchy Nut® Corn Flakes
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (or potato starch)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup milk
- 60g butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 tablespoons choc chips (or a gluten-free alternative)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Crunchy Nut® Corn Flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons choc chips, roughly chopped (or a gluten-free alternative)
1. Preheat oven 200°C.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt & sugar into a large bowl.
3. Whisk melted butter, egg, vanilla essence & milk together.
4. Pour over the flour mixture & combine until ingredients are just moistened. Batter should still be lumpy.
5. Fold in Kellogg's® Crunchy Nut® Corn Flakes and choc chips.
6. Spoon into well-greased muffin tins filling to approximately 2/3 full.
7. Press topping lightly on to the top of each muffin.
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: For a simple finish, why not just use slivered almonds or for a more decadent finish, cover in melted chocolate.