Dragon fruit chia pudding parfait
Are you ready to play a breakfast-artist role? Chia seeds are your blank canvas. Containing essential nutrients, when combined with liquid, they expand to create a fun, gel-like texture. Special K® Original adds crunch to this Chia pudding, creating the most satisfying combination of colours, and textures- and this parfait is easier to make than you think!
- 1/3 cup Kellogg’s® Special K® Original
- 1 Tbsp cranberries
- 1 Tbsp blueberries
- 1 Tbsp strawberries
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup fresh dragon fruit, chopped or 1/4 cup frozen dragon fruit puree, defrosted. (You can also use ripe mango in place of dragon fruit)
- 1/4 cup fresh mango, chopped
- 2 strawberries, chopped
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
1. Combine milk and chia seeds in a bowl, stir well with a fork. This helps avoid chia clumps.
2. Pour honey into the bowl and mix with a fork
3. Place the chia pudding in the refrigerator from 3 hours to overnight
4. Mash dragon fruit with a fork, and combine it with half of your chilled chia pudding
5. Create alternative layers with Special K®, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, chia pudding and remaining dragon fruit
6. Top with chopped mango, shredded coconut and strawberries
7. Next time make a larger batch of chia pudding and keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days to always be breakfast-ready!