Gluten Free Spiced Pear Breakfast Crumble
Tired of eating the same thing at snack-time? Want to try something new? Your daily gluten free snack doesn’t have to be repetitive and boring. Why not spice things up with this Gluten Free Spiced Pear Crumble. It’s super easy to make and has the goodness including flaxseed, oats and almonds.
- 3 tbsps Kellogg’s® Special K® Gluten Free
- 1/2 tbsp raw coconut flakes
- 3 tbsps Gluten Free flour
- 1 1/2 tbsps almond meal
- 1/2 tbsp milled or ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 3 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 1 small pinch sea salt
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Greek yoghurt (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C/ fan 180°C/ 375°F
2. Place the chopped pears, lemon juice, maple syrup and ground cinnamon in small ovenproof dish and stir to combine.
3. Add the coconut flakes, Gluten Free flour, Special K Gluten Free Cereal, almond meal, milled or ground flaxseed, brown sugar and sliced almonds into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
4. Add the melted coconut oil to the crumble mixture and stir again to combine thoroughly.
5. Spoon the crumble topping over the pears and place the dish in the oven for 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and pears are soft and bubbling.
6. Serve warm or cold, with a dollop of Greek yoghurt if desired.