Herb Corn Fritters
Ever get stuck with what to make for a light and healthy snack? Or are you just looking for something to nibble on and have few ingredients to work with? This is very simple savoury recipe and a great addition to your weekly routine. Not only are these Herb and Corn fritters quick and easy to make, they are a healthy snack option.
- 420g can corn kernels
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flakes
- 2 tsp mixed fresh herbs, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
1. Combine all ingredients except the vegetable oil in a large bowl.
2. Heat a large heavy base pan until quite hot and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
3. Spoon tablespoons of mixture into the pan and press down with spatula.
4. Cook for 1–2 minutes then flip over and continue cooking for another 1–2 minutes or until fritters are crisp and brown.
5. Remove from pan and place onto paper towel.
6. Season with extra salt if desired.
7. Serve immediately.
With a few small tweaks this vegetarian recipe can also be made gluten-free using Gluten-Free Corn Flakes and a gluten-free flour. For a little kick, add chilli powder to taste.