LCMs® Bear Smoothie
This is a drink that is sure to make every kid smile with joy on a hot summer’s day after school. This is a recipe for a bright, yummy smoothie packed with fruit, which is a cute and creative addition to your snack repertoire.
To make the black pancake (optional: for bear’s eyes)
1. Mix together the flour, a drop of natural food dye and water to make a crepe consistency.
2. Put on frying pan until cooked through.
3. Place in fridge to cool down.
To make the smoothie:
1. Blend together the banana, frozen berries, medjool date, chia seeds and milk.
2. Pour into mason jar or tall glass.
To make the bear:
1. Roll an oval shape with ¾ of the LCMs® Split Stix® Yoghurty bar to create the bear’s mouth
2. Make a semi-circle shape with the remaining amount of the LCMs® Split Stix® Yoghurty bar. This will be used for the bear’s face.
3. Using a toothpick, make a line going across the oval to create the mouth line
4. Remove all the coloured chocolate chips from LCMs® Kaleidos bar and set aside for later.
5. Take the LCMs® Kaleidos bar and roll two small balls for the ears and a rounded triangle. This will be used for the forehead.
6. Place the head on top of the oval mouth, place the two small circles on each side of the head to create the ears.
7. Place the semi-circle LCMs® Split Stix® Yoghurty bar on top of the head.
8. Place the sultana above the mouth to create the bear’s nose. You may need to use peanut butter as glue.
9. Using a straw, cut two ovals out of the black pancake to create the bear’s eyes. Slightly squeeze the straw to create an oval shape. You can use choc chips as an alternative to the black pancake.
10. Place a skewer through the bear. This will allow the bear to sit in the smoothie without sinking.
11. Place the eyes above the nose.
12. To create an element of shine, place a quinoa seed on the left side of each pupil.
13. Place the bar on top of smoothie with fresh berries.
14. Sprinkle the coloured chocolate chips (from the Kaleidos bar) on top of the smoothie for added colour.
Having a kid’s party? A tray of these smoothie Bears makes for an impressive and fun entry drink. Any smoothie combination works with the bear so you can cater to all tastes.
Recipe courtesy of @jacobs_food_diaries