On the hunt for fun activities for your kids? Surprise them with these fun and delicious LCMs® bars Lady Birds. Great for your kids’ lunch box, or even as an afternoon treat!
- 2 Kellogg's® LCMs® Choc Chip® bars
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 strawberry
- 1 blackberry
- 1 apple
- 1 kiwi (optional)
- 2 quinoa seeds
- 1/2 cup of plain flour (optional)
- 1 drop of black food dye (optional)
- water (optional)
To make the black pancake:
1. Mix together the flour, a drop of black food dye and water to make a crepe consistency.
2. Put on frying pan until cooked through.
3. Place in fridge to cool down.
To create the LCMs® Ladybirds:
1. Cut LCMs® Choc Chip bar in half and remove the chocolate chips
2. Cut the strawberry into slices.
3. Using a pen/marker case cut two circles out of an apple slice. These will be used for the ladybird’s eyes.
4. Using a smaller pen lid cut two circles out of a cucumber slice. These will be used for the ladybird’s iris.
5. Using a miniature grey lead cap, cut two circles out of the black pancake (alternatively you can use two chocolate chips). These will be used for the ladybird’s pupils.
6. Optional (kiwi flower). Using a knife cut around the kiwi in a zig zag motion. Separate to create two flowers.
7. Neatly place the strawberry slices on top of the LCMs® bar to create the ladybird’s body.
8. Place the choc chips on top of the strawberries to create the spots.
9. Place the cucumber circles on top of the apple circles.
10. Place the black pancake/ choc chip on top of the cucumber circle.
11. To create an element of shine place 1 quinoa seed on the left side of each pupil.
12. Place the eyes onto half a blackberry to create the ladybird’s face.
13. Place the face next to the body.
At a child’s party, spread multiple LCMs® bars Ladybirds over the benchtop or outdoor dining table – a sure way to induce the giggles. Critters and creatures are great for Halloween. Need more Halloween inspiration? Check out LCMs® bars Halloween Pumpkins recipe below.
Recipe courtesy of @jacobs_food_diaries