Lemon Meringue Dessert
Whoever said that a nice homemade dessert had to be complicated? A modern twist on the classic Lemon Meringue Pie, this is a recipe that you can keep up your sleeve for those times when you’re craving a sweet snack but want something a bit more creative.
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Corn Flakes, lightly crushed
- 100g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 280g jar of lemon curd
- 1 cup unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- 4 store bought meringues
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Combine the Corn Flakes, butter and coconut in a medium mixing bowl. On a baking tray lined with baking paper, spread out the Corn Flake mix evenly. Place into preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until crumble is golden and toasted. Allow to cool.
2. Take 4 glasses and place two tablespoons of crumble in the base of each. Top with yoghurt, distributing evenly between the glasses. Do the same with the lemon curd. Crumble over the meringues to finish.
3. Place in fridge for 30 mins before serving.
As well as being simple and delicious, this recipe is also versatile and can be made gluten free.