Nutri-Grain® Banana Split
Want to be a sweet treat pro and test the boundaries of the classic recipes we all know and love…then keep on reading! The Banana Split is an old-school classic and one of the tastiest treats around, but have you tried it with cereal? We suggest adding a crunch of Nutri-Grain cereal to mix up this sweet icon.
- 3 scoops chocolate ice-cream
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Nutri-Grain®
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 1 cup choc chips
- 100ml pouring cream (for the whipped cream topping) or 250g can of store bought whipped cream
1. Take the banana, cut in half lengthways to create the shape for the dessert. Place into an oval shaped bowl.
2. Take the ice-cream and place three scoops along the length of the banana.
3. Sprinkle the Nutri-Grain on top the ice-cream and around the outside of the scoop.
4. Take the choc chips and repeat above step.
5. Pour cream into a hand-held blender to create whipped cream for 1 minute or until cream is a thickened.
6. Using a table-spoon, scoop the whipped cream over the ice-cream.
7. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the base.
TOP TIP: You can choose any ice-cream or sauce combination that you like – blueberry, vanilla or strawberry will all taste delicious on this creation.
The above ingredients are tailored for two serves. You can repeat the recipe if you’re sharing dessert time amongst family and friends.