Rice Bubbles® Black Forest Bowl
Black Forest Cake is a German speciality, which oozes flavour – well suited for special occasions!
This Amaze Bowl recipe is a deconstructed version of the famed dessert which makes it simple to create for a weekend treat! Our version contains extra crunch with Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles cereal and delicious Morello cherries!
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate mud-cake (store bought)
- 100ml pouring cream (for the whipped cream)
- 50g pitted morello cherries
- 25g dark chocolate
1. To assemble the bowl, take a handful of the chocolate mud cake and crumble into smaller pieces into the bowl to create the bottom layer.
2. Take the cream and pour into hand-held blender to create whipped cream for 1 minute or until cream is thickened.
3. Add the whipped cream on top of the chocolate cake to create the first layer.
4. Sprinkle half the Rice Bubbles cereal onto this layer.
5. Take another handful of cake, and add on top of the cream.
6. Add the cream on top of the cake to have two layers of cake and cream.
7. For the topping, take dark chocolate and chop into smaller chunks to place on top of the cream.
8. Place the cherries on top of the cream and sprinkle the remaining Rice Bubbles cereal over the top to serve.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: This recipe is designed for a special solo treat, but if you’re sharing amongst friends then we recommend doubling the quantity.