Rice Bubbles® Christmas Baubles
Spruce up Santa’s snack with your little helpers by decorating these Rice Bubbles® baubles treats.
- 12 (6-inch lengths) red or black string licorice
- 12 miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 40 marshmallows or, 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®
- Red and green candy, for example *M&M’s®, for decorating
1. Fold each licorice piece in half and push ends through centers of 12 miniature marshmallows. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add remaining marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ornament shape around licorice ends. Cool. Decorate with frosting and red and green candy. Best served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
"*M&M's” registered trademark Mars Australia Pty Ltd.