Rice Bubbles® Iced VoVo Lamingtons
Lamingtons and iced vovo’s are both iconic Australian desserts. Why not combine the best of both worlds for this nostalgic amazing creation? Add Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles cereal instead of shredded coconut for added crunch - great for entertaining and a nostalgic trip down memory lane.
- 4 1/2 cups (135g) Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®
- 450g packet unfilled rectangular sponge cake slabs
- 3 cups (450g) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1/3 cup (80ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (190g) strawberry jam
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon pink food colouring, to ting
1. Cut each slab in half horizontally to create 4 sponge pieces. Cut each sponge in half lengthways and then across into 8 to create 16 rectangles.
2. Place the icing sugar in a large bowl. Add the water and stir to combine. Add enough colouring to achieve your desired pink tint.
3. Place the Rice Bubbles cereal on a tray. Press a fork into the base of a sponge piece and carefully dip into the icing to coat all sides but the one with the fork. Allow excess icing to drain off.
4. Press the sponge in the Rice Bubbles cereal, patting to coat. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining sponge pieces. Set aside for 30 minutes to set.
5. Spread the jam over the dry side of half the sponge pieces. Top with the cream and sandwich with the remaining sponge pieces.
TOP TIP: Feel free to mix and match your flavour combinations of jam including raspberry or apricot!