Special K® English Flapjacks with Seeds
- 340g unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon self raising flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Original
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a large slice tray (approx. 30 x 20cm).
2. Melt the butter and golden syrup over a low heat but do not boil. Add the sugar and combine. Stir in the self-rising flour, turmeric, oats, sunflower seeds, salt and Kellogg’s® Special K®.
3. Spoon onto the prepared baking tray and flatten. Sprinkle the chia seeds over the top.
4. Bake in the center of the oven for about 20 minutes or until the flapjacks are a golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Cut into fingers while still warm and allow to cool completely before serving.