Spiced Pear Breakfast Crumble
Tired of eating the same thing at snack-time? Want to try something new? Your daily snack doesn’t have to be repetitive and boring. Why not spice things up with this Spiced Pear Crumble. It’s super easy to make and has the goodness including flaxseed, oats and almonds.
- 3 tbsps Kellogg’s® Special K® Original
- 1/2 tbsp raw coconut flakes
- 3 tbsps jumbo oats
- 1 1/2 tbsps buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp milled or ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 3 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 1 small pinch sea salt
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Greek yoghurt (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C/ fan 180C/ 375F
2. Place the chopped pears, lemon juice, maple syrup and ground cinnamon in small ovenproof dish and stir to combine.
3. Add the coconut flakes, jumbo oats, Special K Original Cereal, buckwheat flour, milled or ground flaxseed, brown sugar and sliced almonds into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
4. Add the melted coconut oil to the crumble mixture and stir again to combine thoroughly.
5. Spoon the crumble topping over the pears and place the dish in the oven for 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and pears are soft and bubbling.
6. Serve warm or cold, with a dollop of Greek yoghurt if desired.
Cooking Tips: This recipe has the added bonus of being dairy free and with a few small tweaks can also be made gluten free.