Spicy Beef Curry
- 60g butter or margarine
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g chuck steak, cut in 2.5cm cubes
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 Tbsp curry powder (hot or mild according to taste)
- Pinch chilli powder
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 2–3 beef stock cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Sultana Bran®
- 250g frozen (or fresh) broccoli (optional)
1. Melt butter in a deep frying pan.
2. Sauté onion and garlic until tender.
3. Dust meat with seasoned flour.
4. Brown with onions & garlic.
5. Blend in curry powder.
6. Cook 1 minute.
7. Add all remaining ingredients (except broccoli) and bring to the boil.
8. If using broccoli, place in base of a casserole.
9. Pour curry on top of broccoli.
10. Cover, & bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 1 - 1 ½ hours.
11. Serve with rice and condiments.
Tested by The Australian Women's WeeklyTest Kitchen.