Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Filled with sliced strawberries and oozing with cream cheese, these muffins are a welcome treat to compliment your breakfast, have as a snack or even for dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Kellogg’s® All-Bran® Original
- 300g packet frozen, sweetened, sliced strawberries, thawed (not drained)
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
1. In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut cream cheese into 48 small pieces. Add to flour mixture, tossing to coat. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix together cereal and thawed strawberries. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
3. Stir in egg and oil; beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
4. Spoon batter into 12 large muffin tins, coated with non-stick cooking spray or lined with muffin papers. Dot tops of batter with jam (about 5 mL/1 tsp on each) and swirl through lightly with knife.
5. Bake at 200°C (400°F) for 20 to 22 minutes or until browned and firm to the touch. Serve warm. May be frozen.