Sultana Bran Snack Bars
Sometimes we can get hungry in between meals. Do you ever get to that point in the afternoon where you just need something small to snack on to tide you over? These homemade Sultana Bran Snack Bars are just what you need. These bars are a great option if you need an afternoon pick me up or if you are on-the-go. They can double as an easy dessert recipe and are quick and easy to make. They also have crisp malty flakes and the goodness of wheat bran and fruit.
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 125g of butter or reduced fat butter blend
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 3 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Sultana Bran®
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped finely
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
1. Preheat oven to moderate (180°C/160°C fan-forced).
2. Grease 19cm x 29cm rectangular slice pan; line base and two long sides with baking paper.
3. Combine sugar, butter and syrup in medium saucepan; stir over low heat until butter melts.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix until well combined.
5. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
6. Bake, uncovered, in moderate oven about 30 minutes or until browned and firm to touch.
7. Cool in pan before cutting.
Cooking Tip: With a few small tweaks, this recipe can be made into a Dairy Free version.