Sustain® Crunch Biscuits
- 1 3/4 cups Kellogg's® Sustain®
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1. Preheat oven moderately slow (160°C/140°C fan forced).
2. Combine Kellogg's® Sustain® Original, flour, sugar and coconut in medium bowl.
3. Combine butter, syrup and water in small saucepan.
4. Stir constantly over medium heat until butter melts; stir in bicarbonate soda.
5. Stir into dry ingredients.
6. Shape level tablespoons of mixture into balls using hands; place 7cm apart on lightly greased oven trays, press down on each ball with fork to flatten slightly.
7. Stand 15 minutes.
8. Bake in moderately slow oven about 15 minutes or until biscuits brown and are just firm to touch.
9. Cool on trays.
Note: standing the biscuits for 15 minutes will help them to hold their shape while cooking.