Wheat Bran Muffins
Hearty, moist and not too sweet, these muffins are molasses-sweetened for an extra rich flavour.
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand about 5 minutes, until cereal is softened. Add oil, molasses and egg. Mix well. Stir in raisins.
3. Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Portion batter evenly into 12 lightly greased or paper-lined 6 cm (2 1/2") muffin -pan cups.
4. Bake at 200°C (400°F) 20-22 minutes or until firm to the touch.
VARIATION: Add 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon and 2 ml (1/2 tsp) ground nutmeg to flour.