Stuck on ideas for sweet treats and snacks this festive season? We all get stumped sometimes when we are asked to bring something to a Christmas party. Why not try turning a household cereal into an easy to make and tasty festive snack? This recipe is quick, delicious and sure to be a festive season hit with the whole family.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit
- 250g Copha®*
- Glacè cherries for topping
1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Melt Copha® slowly over low heat.
3. Cool slightly, pour onto dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Be sure to work quickly, spoon the mixture into either paper patty cases or press into a lamington tin.
5. Freeze until set (about 15 minutes), then store in the refrigerator.
6. Serve cut into fingers and topped with glacè cherries.
*Registered trademark of Peerless Foods. Kremela in New Zealand.
Serving Suggestion: You can also finish this dish by pressing dried fruits into the top. For a more decadent finish, drizzle melted milk chocolate over the top.